Home Home Administration Administration Help Help About About

Change Request Instructions

Please complete a change request through Fleet Commander by going to MY SCHEDULE and clicking "View Request." Click on the icon to the left of the reservation you need to change - scroll to bottom and click on request changes.  Key in your change and then submit.

 Edit, Cancel, Print Receipt, or Add Drivers

The requester/driver should print their trip receipt from "My Schedule." Click "My Schedule," and then click "All Requests" at the top of the window that opens. A reservation closed has a "square blue box to  the left." Click the square and the receipt will open. The receipt can be printed or emailed. Before emailing, right click in body of receipt and scroll to ENCODING, select Western European so the receipt will print in English.

The requester/driver can edit a reservation through "MY SCHEDULE" by clicking on the magnifying glass, and then clicking "request changes," then submit. Additional drivers' names can be added to "comments." Anyone being listed as a driver must be registered in the Fleet Commander system.

To cancel a reservation, open "My Schedule" and simply click the red "X" to the left of the request. To cancel a reservation less than 24 hours in advance, please contact us.

To cancel a reservation, open "My Schedule" and simply click the red "X" to the left of the request. To cancel a reservation less than 24 hours in advance please contact us.

Bus Requests

For bus requests operating outside of Fleet Services' operating hours of 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, please contact Fleet Services for guidance. Information regarding bus usage is posted on our policies page. When submitting a request for a bus, be sure "BUS RENTAL" is entered as the Usage Type. We cannot process requests for buses submitted as "Daily Rentals", and your request will be declined. Please include the passenger pick up point, instructions, etc. in the comments box when making a request.

Registered Student Organizations (RSO)

Are not allowed to use Fleet Services vehicles.

ADA Vehicle Travel Procedures

Due to the individual needs of travelers with disabilities, Fleet Services is unable to provide modified vehicles to meet all requirements. Any student, faculty, or staff person, who due to their disability must use their own personal vehicle for business travel, can be reimbursed at the higher personal mileage reimbursement rate, regardless of the number of miles traveled.


This policy applies to students only when they travel on authorized university business for which they may be reimbursed.

In order to receive the higher rate as an accommodation, the employee must register with University ADA Services in Human Resources at 

300 Turner Street NW
Suite 2300
Blacksburg, VA, 24061

Human Resources is located on the second floor.

This needs to be done only once, unless the disability is a temporary or changing condition. However, the employee must attach a copy of the approval letter to each reimbursement voucher.

Inquires can be directed to
adainfo@vt.edu; 540-231-4638 (V); 540-231-7227 (TTY).

Policy on Family in State Vehicle

Per the Rules and Regulations from the Division of Fleet Management, Virginia Department of Transportation: VII. Fleet Vehicle Use C. Relatives

Spouses of state employees are permitted to ride in fleet vehicles only when such travel is directly related to official state business, and even then state employees are encouraged to use personal vehicles. Agency Transportation officers should be consulted regarding agency-specific policies regarding this matter.

In view of this rule, to clarify, children are not permitted in state vehicles as they do not have an interest in the official university business that the rental is for.


Departments wishing to use non-VT drivers must send by email to fs@vt.edu the following information:

  • Name, Address, Driver's License Expiration date
  • Must read Policy 4060. http://www.policies.vt.edu/4060.pdf  
  • Departments are responsible for: Volunteers to read and sign the FS2 form - "Proper Use of State Vehicles" found at http://www.facilities.vt.edu/tcs/fleet/under forms on the right side of the page. This form is kept in the employee personnel file.
  • Departments must ensure that volunteer's driving record is free of moving violations.

Deductible Increase for Fleet Services

Beginning July 1, 2013 the deductible for any damage (unless the damage is covered by another's insurance) to a state vehicle is $1000.00. A $65.00 administrative fee may be added.

If the damage is the result of abuse, neglect, or from taking a vehicle off state maintained roads, all costs associated with the repair will be charged to the departmental fund used for the reservation.

For more information, please visit
www.fs.vt.edu or call 231-6141, 6142, or 9928.

Refueling Requirement for Fleet Services Customers

Any vehicle that leaves Fleet Services lot must be refueled. A $5.00 refueling surcharge will be added to the reservation if the vehicle is returned but not refueled.


Privacy Statement  •  Feedback
Copyright © 2011 Agile Access Control, Inc. All rights reserved.