Our mission is to provide high quality, safe, clean, and economical vehicles for Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and students to use for official university business.
Updates and Reminders
- Beginning the weekend of August 29th, the new hours of operation for a weekend pilot program will be Saturday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM. The normal business hours from Monday through Friday will not be affected. Fleet Services will not be open on Saturdays in which Virginia Tech hosts a home football game. Fleet Services customers will be able to pick up their keys on the Friday preceding the game. Fleet Services will also close on holiday weekends, and customers will be able to pick up their keys the day preceding the holiday weekend.
- Due to travel safety concerns, Fleet Services will close when the university is closed due to inclement weather. In cases of impending inclement weather, travelers are asked to call Fleet Services to arrange for key pick–up, prior to the inclement weather event. There will be no additional charge for early pick-up due to impending weather events. If travel plans are cancelled due to inclement weather, please notify Fleet Services of cancellation.
- Free parking tags are available for off–campus customers. Merely inform Fleet Services that you do not have a VT parking permit when renting a Fleet Services Vehicle.
- Effective August 30, 2013, Fleet Services will no longer perform maintenance and repairs on departmental vehicles due to restructuring. Full details.
- View the Policy on Volunteer drivers for Fleet Services rentals. Departments are responsible for ensuring Policy 4060 is followed.
- When you have an accident, for all Virginia Tech vehicles or rental vehicles, call the police and ...
- Air Transportation and Fleet Services Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- New Shuttle to Link Virginia Tech and Carilion Research Institute
- Deductable Increase
- New Refueling Procedure
Fleet Services Vehicle Reservations System: Fleet Commander
Are you a student or student organization? Click here
Click Here to request a vehicle rental - Fleet Commander
Fleet Commander provides new customer benefits such as:
- Elimination of the approval form (i.e., customers no longer need to bring in paperwork)
- 24 hour reservation service
- Automatic email approvals, confirmations, and requests
- Ability to view any requests after January 5, 2009
- View previous, current, and future requests through “My Schedule.”
ALL drivers and requesters need to create a new user profile with Fleet Commander.
Fleet Commander can be found here. Once there, click “Sign Up Now!” on the left side of the screen to set up your user profile using your Virginia Tech PID and Hokie Spa password.
Please visit the Polices page monthly for important Fleet Commander updates. It is important to view these policies in order to know your responsibilities as a driver. More information can also be found in the FAQ section.
Instructions concerning Fleet Commander can be found here.
For more information please contact Fleet Services directly at email@example.com or 540–231–6141.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540–231–6141.